Stepping Outside Your Fitness Comfort Zone
Everyone knows the type of people who seem to show no fear, and who can find the adventure aspect in their every day life. Whether it be finding a way to climb anything and everything or becoming a low key stunt person, some people are naturally able to step outside of their comfort zone and participate in the more non traditional fitness activities. So how do you know if you are the type of person who can step outside the comfort zone and try new fitness activities? Trick question, EVERYONE has the ability to try new activities even if it scares them. I am not one for crazy adventurous activities however, once I got out of my head and my comfort zone I found myself enjoying activities such as high ropes courses, BOGA Fit, and Zumba. No one can force you to try new activities unless you yourself are willing to put yourself out there and just have fun with new activities.
I really enjoyed reading your post and thought you had some great points. I am someone who is scared of things like heights but I also seem to be a person that can be hesitant when it comes to trying things outside of my comfort zone. I think that this may be becasue I am scared to fail and I can't fail if I don't try something new, right? But that is NOT the attitude I should have, rather I have realized that failure is just a way of learning and failing will only help me succed in the long run. I also tend to feel so good when I do try new things because I am proud of myself for trying something I did not think I could do!
ReplyDeleteI for sure am a thrill seeker and will go out of my way to get out of my comfort zone. While in Colorado with the Cross Country team, I was caught climbing on the rocks multiple times, over the summer I live for rope swings, and I plan on becoming a sky diving instructor and having people strapped to me as we jump out of planes. I understand not everyone is as much of an adrenaline junkie but I do think its important for everyone to step out of their comfort zone every now and again. In the human body, after the beats per minute (bpm) breaks 180 the human body is known to do insane things. This is the bpm people have when you see them lift cars or save lives. This is a perfect example of how getting out of your comfort zone can lead you to do things you never even thought were conceivable..
ReplyDelete