Turkey Time!!!

Thanksgiving is right around the corner and if you are not ready to eat some delicious turkey, stuffing, mash potatoes and pumpkin pie, well then you are just lying to yourself.  During this wonderful holiday it is important to remember that just because there is endless amount of food in front of you, does not mean you need to eat it all. If you're like me, Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays and it can be hard to not over eat when at Thanksgiving dinner. Remember portion control when loading up your plate at the table. Try to have fruits and vegetables take up half of your plate and leave the other half for grains and proteins. It's all about will power this season! Stay strong!!!! 

Comments

  1. I like this post because I have a habit of putting too much on my plate. I always finish it but that doesn't mean I should have had that much to start. Thanksgiving is one of the greatest holidays because of the food and how it brings people together. Making sure there is enough food to go around, there is always so much food to be had and everyone thinks that it has to be eaten that second. A reminder that we don't need to load up is a good thing to have before we gorge ourselves.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to Get Started on a Healthy Lifestye

Stepping Outside Your Fitness Comfort Zone